All About Wood - Extendable Table
Warmth can be hygged everywhere! Lifting postcards and artworks on a whole white wall; setting up a patinated wooden table with lighting candles. Adding a little bit of olive green, dark green, brown and wooden items to the safe space can be nice and charming too. Get an extra table top right there for an amazing conversation with your friends and family!
Extended table leaves usually are expected to be housed inside the table structure in small living places, especially in Hong Kong. As we do not really have extra area to set them aside for the whole year. Getting completely different materials together to form a sense of coherence, PUNT from Spain - Transalpina, Bass and WOUD from Denmark - Piezas represent the perfect balance between lacquered wood and metals.
西班牙的PUNT - Transalpina, Bass 及丹麥的WOUD - Piezas，以木面與金屬的混搭，配合整體的協調感，完美平衡兩種截然不同的材料，打造出收納形式與一般北歐延伸檯不同的，更適合細小家居的摺疊/可延伸餐桌。
Bass is highly versatile from minimalist to decorative environment in its modern and minimalist touch. From whiten oak to dark stained walnut, every shade and warmth of wood appears to be absolutely clean and tidy. Supplements including extended leaf and junctions are all housed inside the structure with the legs remaining at the end.
Extension: 1. Pull out the table legs 2. Take the extended leaf out from the bottom of the table 3. Put it on the supporting legs horizontally 4. Push back table legs to lock up
Designed by/ 設計者 Borja García
Newly launched in the IMM Cologne congress 2020. Combining wood and metal, Piezas keeps the smooth and round silhouette of WOUD as the first extendable table (with extended leaf housed inside the structure) in the brand. Spanish designer shows her curiosity in materials and colours with the mixture of contrasting white pigmented lacquer oak and grey metal.
Extension: 1. Unlock the safety lock 2. Pull out the table legs 3. Take the extended leaf out from the bottom of the table 4. Put it on the supporting legs horizontally 5. Push back table legs and lock up
Designed by/ 設計者 Silvia Ceñal
Remaining high quality solid wood with extraordinary craftsmanship throughout decades, Carl Hansen & Son brings the Scandinavian sense of nature closer to our daily life.
全實木的手工木製丹麥品牌 - Carl Hansen & Son，則有一下三款實木延伸收納桌，秉持自然無添加的重心，以觸感好的優質實木，打造北歐風的自然感。
“𝗔 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁. 𝗔𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗱.” - 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗻 & 𝗦𝗼𝗻
Blending new materials with the brand's expert solid oak, SH900 is created with hidden foldout extension leaves in black. Modern Danish design is now maximized with ease and flexible structure in its bold, clean and minimalist touch.
Extension: 1. Pull out the table legs 2. Take out the 2 extension leaves from within 3. Set them flat
與一般Carl Hansen & Son的全木設計相異，為樸實簡潔的實心橡木設計增添更具對比的黑色延伸葉面，混合丹麥的自然感及更現代的觸感，增添些小樂趣。
Designed by/ 設計者 Strand + Hvass
©Carl Hansen & Son
Designed in 1982, CH002 was crafted to fit smaller spaces and CH006 for spacious spaces. Having 2 hinged leaves at both ends, they can be easily lifted up when guests visit. Full solid oak appears with Wegner’s philosophy of being functional in modern solutions.
Designed by/ 設計者 Hans J. Wegner
©Carl Hansen & Son
Inspired by another Scandinavian concept “umage” - making a little effort & difference from time to time, Patch optimizes practicality with the butterfly extension to hide the extended leaves inside and extend effortlessly. Minimal drop-shaped legs and small metal locks appear in the quiet elegance and firmly hold the construction together in strength and stability
”umage”意指 “make a bit more effort”來解決生活上的不便，偶爾作少許整理/改動空間擺設亦是一種北歐習常。Patch開合餐桌受到”umage“的啟發，將延伸部分蝴蝶型的打開並收納在餐桌內，以向內呈水滴型的實木檯腳及金屬接駁，強調Hee Welling謐靜優雅的設計特色。
Designed by/ 設計者 Hee Welling
All in all, silver-grey patina has always been loved by the Nordics in their high quality and durable wooden furniture ages with grace. Concerning the humidity and weather difference of the Nordics and Hong Kong, protection coating has been added by brands to lengthen the durability of wooden furniture. In Hong Kong, as to keep them all good and nice in such humid weather, maintenance and care instructions are listed for different wood and coating; Guidelines from Punt, Woud and Carl Hansen & Son are excerpted as below.
// Stay Home & Stay Healthy! //
Please feel free to share yours with us on social media by tagging #establohk
Do contact us, in case of anything you need :)
I. Solid Wood
1. Daily Care: dust oiled furniture with a soft dry cloth
2. Cleaning: using a soft cloth wrung in lukewarm water following the wood grain and dried immediately with a soft cloth following the wood grains. For more severe cleaning a soap specifically developed for oiled wood can be used.
3. Re-oiling: when the wood starts to appear dry or faded (once a year).
4. Avoid use of cleaning detergents and abrasive cleaning agents as they may damage the surface of the oiled wood. Avoid placing wooden furniture in direct sunlight, excessive heat or humidity.
II. Fenix NTM Nano laminate
- unique features such as scratch resistance, soft touch, low light reflectivity, anti-fingerprint and much more. More details refer to: www.fenixntm.com/en
1. Daily Cleaning of coated ones: only to use a soft dry cloth. For removal of stains, a soft cloth wrung in lukewarm water can be carefully applied. Always dry immediately after cleaning with a soft dry cloth
2. Daily cleaning of uncoated ones: only to use a soft dry cloth. In case a patina of the material is not desired, the material can be regularly cleaned and polished using a detergent specifically for brass.
3. Avoid using abrasive cleaning agents or aggressive cleaning detergents as permanent damage will be occurred on the surface.
I. Keep in a dry space for a proper preservation.
1. Remove any spillage or stain immediately not to penetrate or damage the protective varnish layer.
2. Wipe with slightly damp non-abrasive cloths or cleaned with non-acid cleaning agents except paint thinners such as acetone.
3. Must NOT use any cleaning agents that contain alcohol on wood with a water-based coating.
4. After cleaning, dry the surface with a dry cloth.
I. *Extra care on the first 4 weeks of arrival until lacquered fully harden to avoid scratches. Lacquered surface has been sealed which is difficult for liquids and dirr to penetrate into the wood.
II. Daily care - Moist cloth followed by soft dry cloth
III. Thorough cleaning
1. Universal cleaning detergent (1 teaspoon pr. 1.5L water).
2. Left on for a few minutes then wash with clean water
3. Then wipe the surface with clean and dry cloth until completely dry
I. Use soft cloth wrung out with clean hot water only
II. DO NOT use any cleaning detergent/ chemical on furniture
Detailed Maintenance & Care Instruction/ 清潔保養詳細指引 HERE/ 按此